Hello, readers! Long time no see!
I hope the last two months of Summer treated you well and that your Autumn is in glorious full swing!
If you follow me on Instagram, you know that I moved house in August, which meant perfumes were packed away for a bit and purchases were put on hold. We were unpacked and settled in by September, as you can see in the picture above with Vinny reclining next to the balcony window, but a few other things kept me busy for a couple months after that: decorating and furnishing our new space; exploring a new neighborhood; a brief illness (negative Covid test so I guess it was just the flu? it’s out there, too); the failure of not one but two of our laptops within a few weeks of each other; and finally, the reopening of my office and adjusting to a new hybrid work schedule.
Lots of stress and change, which is mentally taxing even when it’s for the best of reasons, and getting back to blogging was not my top priority for a few months. I’m happy to have reached a peaceful place again when I am able to make time for it. Full disclosure: the next six weeks are typically the busiest time of year at my office and it’s entirely possible I won’t be posting with any regularity until 2022. We’ll see how it goes.
In the meantime, I have a bunch of new scents I can’t wait to share with you, and I’m pleased, too, that life has returned somewhat to a state of normalcy that allows me to share some recent events and milestones in my life, along with the scents I wore to mark them.
- First fragrance purchased at/delivered to my new location: Dolce & Gabbana Pour Femme solid, September 2021.
- First theatrical event since 2019: Alan Cumming and Ari Shapiro performing Och & Oy! A Considered Cabaret at the Meriam Theater in Philadelphia, October 17, 2021. (And yes, Alan’s fragrances with CB I Hate Perfume, Cumming or 2nd Cumming would have been obvious choices but my Cumming ran out long ago. Oh, well.) My scent for the event: Made By Me Nude Duo All Over U Musk and Blitz Fig.
- Return to the office, after 20 months of working at home: the office reopened November 1, with everyone working a hybrid schedule and a lot of flexibility. My first official day back in the office was not until Thursday, November 4, and my scent of choice for the occasion: The Lovely Muse Apothecary Magnolia.
- Hamilton, at The Academy of Music, Philadelphia, November 24. This was my first show at the beautiful Academy, and seeing Hamilton is an event in and of itself. My scent for the event: The Lovely Muse Apothecary Luna, in perfume oil and solid format.
- Thanksgiving 2021, and our first holiday meal indoors at a restaurant since 2019. My scent for the holiday: Derek Lam 10 Crosby Give Me the Night.
Have a wonderful week and I look forward to talking scents with you here or on Instagram in the near future!
All images by me. Made By Me Duo, Magnolia and the Luna perfume oil were gifts from the brands.
You must be logged in to post a comment.